Wednesday 21 March 2012

Scheduling conflict

In Canada, Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May. In the UK, it's the third Sunday of March... which this year, just so happened to be the day after St. Patrick's Day. And the big UK-Ireland Rugby match.
So um, yeah. I wonder how many other UK Mummies noticed this schedule of holiday events was perhaps less than ideal?
For someone who has always been rather nonplussed by Valentine's Day, I was sort of shocked at how important my first "Mothering Sunday" was to me. Happily, despite a late start, it did consist of a bouquet of my favourite flowers, yummy champagne brunch and one final day relaxing en famille before Alex's return to work. Jack was also kind enough to write me a note saying there would be more on the horizon soon. Aw. Funny how a made-up holiday and a forged note can so genuinely warm my heart these days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment